Car Accident Lawyers

If you have been injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation. You can make a claim for compensation if you are a car or truck driver, passenger, motorcycle rider, cyclist, public transport passenger or a pedestrian. If you have lost family member due to a fatal road accident which occurred because of someone else’s negligence, you may also be eligible to receive compensation. Funeral expenses can be claimed without proof of fault or negligence for death arising from all accidents on or after 1 December 2017. At NSW Compensation Lawyers we can assist you to determine who is at fault and pursue the best possible outcome to get the compensation you deserve.

Handshake icon No Win No Charge*

We get the evidence you need to increase the value of your claim and win your case

Clock icon 2 Hour Response Time

We have the strength and commitment to win your case, seeking maximum compensation for our clients.

Medical briefcase icon Injury Law Experts

We have the expertise to scrutinise and challenge incorrect medical assessments and determinations.

Checked-off paperwork icon 100% Free Assessment

Our team of experienced professional compensation lawyers offer you obligation-free advice relating to your claim.

For accidents which occurred before 1 December 2017, some benefits, damages or compensation may be able to be claimed even if the accident was your fault, partly your fault and even if no person was at fault of negligent.

For accidents which occurred on and after 1 December 2017, benefits, including wage loss and treatment expenses and care are payable, for 6 months to all persons injured in a motor vehicle accident whether they are at fault or not. A claim for additional and/or continuing benefits or damages will require proof of fault and proof that the injuries sustained are not minor injuries,

Injuries sustained as a result of a motor vehicle accident can include whiplash, spinal damage, brain damage, psychological trauma, any pre-existing conditions that have been worsened and a host of muscular, skeletal and psychological related injuries. You may be entitled to compensation for your out-of-pocket medical expenses, time off work, loss of earning capacity, any requirement for assistance and care at home including equipment and home modifications and loss of enjoyment of life or pain and suffering.

A motor vehicle accident for which a claim may be pursued can include accidents involving construction plant or machines such as graders, backhoes or bobcats or recreational vehicles such as off road vehicles or dirt bikes, even if the accident doesn’t occur on a road. The accident may occur on private property or on a construction site and even if the vehicle is unregistered a claim may still be available.

Strict time limits apply as to when a claim must be made on the CTP Insurers of vehicles involved in an accident. That time limitation is 3 months for accidents occurring on and after 1 December 2017.

A person with injuries, which are not minor, and who can prove their injuries were caused by the negligence or fault of another driver ( even if they were drink driving ) may be entitled to claim damages for past and continuing wage loss or loss of earning capacity to retirement age and sometimes beyond that age and may, if certified with whole person impairment greater than 10%, be entitled to claim damages, up to a maximum, in excess of $500,000.00, for pain and suffering, emotional distress and loss of enjoyment of life.

Such persons may also be entitled to payment, for life, of their reasonable and necessary treatment expenses, personal care, domestic assistance and travel expenses incurred as a result of an injury.

We offer ‘no win, no fee’* arrangements for most cases, which means that you don’t have to pay for our legal services if you do not win or satisfactorily resolve your claim. We also offer a free initial consultation so that you can have an obligation free discussion with one of our lawyers about your case.


*Note: In the event that your action fails in court you may be liable to an adverse costs order.